Club kayaks and stand up paddle boards
Published 20:43 on 11 Jun 2021
The club has 5 kayaks and 4 stand up paddleboards available to members to hire.
In celebration of Herne Bay Sailing Club's centenary year, the kayaks and SUPs are free for members to hire throughout 2021.
The boats may be used whenever a safety boat is in attendance. At present that is typically Wednesday high-tide evenings, Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.
The kayaks are in the racking by the fuel store and the SUPs are in the gear store.How to hire:
- Check the weather and tide. If you are unsure if it a suitable day to hire, speak to the Officer of the Day or session organiser.
- Sign your choice of craft out using the book in the gear store.
- Pick a paddle.
- Unlock the kayaks using the marked key in the key cupboard or take a SUP from the gear store.
- Use the combination lock(s) to secure the other kayaks while you are kayaking. Members will be emailed the lock number.
- Enjoy your kayaking or paddleboarding. Normal hire length is a couple of hours.
- Wash craft down with fresh water.
- Return kayak to racking, secure all kayaks with the Sterling locks and return key to key cupboard or return SUP to the gear store.
- Report any faults or issues to firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of hire:
- The boating area is from the King's Hall to the Coastwatch station and seaward to the Dolphin (outfall), unless the Officer of the Day sanctions a different area due to favourable tide and wind conditions.
- A buoyancy aid must be worn at all times on the water as well as appropriate clothing for the weather and sea conditions.
- Hirer will be liable for any damage caused to a craft through misadventure or recklessness.
Last updated 20:51 on 11 June 2021